I have a lot of dreams for my life. I have a lot of dreams for this year. I am also one of those crazy people that think you can do anything if you put your mind to it. It might not be easy, and probably won’t be instant, but if you want something bad enough, and you are willing to do whatever it takes to get there, it can be done. With that said, to kick of my year of becoming the best version of myself possible, I wanted to write down a game plan so I am not just fumbling around in the dark.
To do this, I wanted to write down a visual of what makes up my life. As convenient as technology can be, I personally still love pen and paper and feel more productive when I actually write things down.
Having God at the center of my life is my main concern. Not only this year, but for my whole life. He is my foundation, and what I want to build my life upon. From that point I broke my life up into different parts. This year I am going to focus on:
- My relationship with Christ
- My physical health
- My mental health
- My relationships with others
As you can see, there are also many other aspects of my life, but those are the four I am going to focus on first. As the year progresses, if I am feeling like I am comfortable and making good progress in these areas, I might add some more to focus on as well. Of course I am not going to neglect any of them, because in the big picture they all make up who I am and they are all interconnected, but these first four I am going to take great care in prioritizing them in my life and working hard to make progress with them every single day.
This plan will be living and changing as I see what works and what doesn’t, but here is my starting game plan:
My relationship with Christ:
- Read God’s Word every single day. No matter what.
- Have a quiet time of prayer, both talking to God and quietly waiting to hear from Him, every single day. No matter what.
- Find somewhere to serve in the church this week, and begin serving by March.
My physical health:
- Go to the gym 6 days a week without fail.
- Have at least 75% of my diet be whole, unprocessed foods (and hopefully eventually 100%).
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep per night (make sure I go to bed by 9).
- Drink 3 bottles of water daily.
My mental health:
- Write down 2 things I am grateful for every day.
- Read a book I am interested in for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Spend dramatically less time on electronic devices. No browsing the internet aimlessly, just get on for what I need to do, and get off.
- Explore the area around me.
My relationships with others:
- Serve people in the community at least once a month (more if possible).
- Send a handwritten note to a someone every week to let them know how much I appreciate them.
- Be present in conversations.
This is my beginning game plan. I am sure it will change and morph as I see what works, what doesn’t, what I want to add or change. I can’t wait to see how the first month shapes up!